The ingredient of The new caesar salad
- 1 baby cos lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 butter lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 100g wild rocket
- 1 cup (150g) semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 eggs
- 150ml olive oil
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 8 thin prosciutto slices
- 8 thin grissini
The instruction how to make The new caesar salad
- Toss lettuce and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Place the garlic, lime juice, mustard, Worcestershire and 1 egg in a processor and whiz to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the oil through the feed tube and process to a thick dressing. Stir in parmesan, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a wide pan of water to the boil with the vinegar. Crack the remaining 4 eggs gently into the water and poach for 3-4 minutes or until whites are set but yolks are still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Toss the salad with the dressing, then divide among bowls. Top each with an egg and sprinkle with extra parmesan. Wrap a slice of prosciutto around each grissini stick, then serve with the salad.
Nutritions of The new caesar saladfatContent: 694.056 calories
saturatedFatContent: 51 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 24 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 31 grams protein