Tuck into this salmon dinner which will give you boost of Omega-3 and a flavour hit of fragrant herbs.
The ingredient of Honey-glazed salmon with beet and freekeh salad
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, scrubbed
- 150g (3/4 cup) cracked freekeh, rinsed
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoon Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 large (500g total) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh dill sprigs
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves,chopped
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Honey-glazed salmon with beet and freekeh salad
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Wrap each beet in foil. Place on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly. Peel.
- Meanwhile, bring freekeh and water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place asparagus on tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp of the oil. Season. Roast for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, for the glaze, combine horseradish, honey and 2 tsp vinegar in a bowl. For the dressing, transfer 1 tsp honey mixture to a bowl. Whisk in remaining vinegar, 1 tbs oil and 1 tsp lemon juice. Season. Set aside. Drizzle salmon with remaining oil. Season. Heat a non-stick ovenproof pan over medium heat. Cook salmon, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Remove from heat. Stand for 1 minute. Spoon glaze over salmon. Bake for 2 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Flake salmon and stir remaining lemon juice into pan juices.
- Combine freekeh, asparagus, coriander, dill, mint, shallots and half the dressing in a bowl. Add beetroot and toss gently to combine. Divide among plates. Top with salmon and pan juices. Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Honey-glazed salmon with beet and freekeh saladfatContent: 484.214 calories
saturatedFatContent: 22 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 39 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 33 grams protein